Wednesday 29 August 2012

Duly Noted

notebook 1 editednotebook 2 edited
In this technological age it sadly seems that the era of the notebook has been left behind.
I spent much of my childhood scribbling into various 'diaries' they never lasted till more than March but looking back now they're precious glimpses into the little person I was back then.
This current notebook has been in circulation for a year or two, sometimes I've used it everyday, others I haven't touched it in months. Looking back through today though in order to snap these photos (choosing the least revealing/provocative page of course!) was hilarious. The above post was a recollection of one of my incredibly vivid dreams and thanks to the paper above I feel I can almost relive it even now. 

Such is the beauty of a notebook.

Do any of you keep one? Or do you see them as a waste of time and potential danger (hello nosy people in unguarded bedrooms)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah I used to love diaries when I was younger!!! I had one on the go all the time! :) Xx

Unknown said...

Soph - So amazing to look back on dont you think? xo

Anonymous said...

I used to have one, I used to write in French.....

Rachel - Notes from my closet said...

I think I have a problem when it comes to notebooks! I have about 4 dotted around the house and ALWAYS have one in my handbag! ha ha :) life is much less stressful when you write everything down :)

Unknown said...

Jules - Ooh putting me to shame there! x

Unknown said...

Rachel - I completely agree! Knowing you can note it down makes any trauma seem less dramatic ha-ha xo

mintyessence said...

I have had them, started off writing in it everyday, but then forget all about them months/ years later (That IS bad) lol I love your blog and so tagged you for a Liebster Award. Check it out :)

www.mintyessence.com

xx

Unknown said...

Joanna - Oh don't feel bad I think we all do the same :'). Thankyou So much! That's lovely of you! xo

Steve Carter said...

“I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read on the train."

Instantly thought of this Importance of Being Earnest quote when I read this =)

Unknown said...

Steve - Oh christ that does bring back too many memories! I might start lugging this on trains with me (all those trains I get!?) xo

Post a Comment